Shoueikan servers international cuisine that was favored by the navy at Japanese-style inns of the Meiji era (1868-1912).
Shoueikan is a restaurant in Maizuru City, home to a historic Japanese naval base. The restaurant reproduces some of the most popular recipes from the "Navy Cooking Reference Book," a recipe book of the former navy. Guests can experience the taste of authentic cooking at Shoueikan, the result of extensive research of the history of this culinary culture.
- 18 Hama, Maizuru City, Kyoto Prefecture
- Train: About 15 minutes on foot from Higashi Maizuru Station, about 5 minutes by car.
Car: About 15 minutes by car from Higashi Maizuru IC Expressway
- Business Hours
- 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (Last order 2:00 p.m.) 5:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. (Last order 9:00 p.m.)
Open every day
- Price Range
- cost estimate: lunch 1,500 yen, dinner 2,000 yen
- Payment Options
- Credit card payment (VISA, mastercard, JCB, AMERICAN EXPRESS, Diners Club), electronic money, QR code payment