Opened in 2003 in the south of Kyoto Prefecture, Hanayagi Farm is a place where you can pick your own strawberries and edamame (young soy beans). From winter to spring you can enjoy picking and eating your own freshly-picked, sweet and juicy strawberries where it's possible to eat as much as you like for 40 minutes. In the spacious greenhouses, the "Akihime" and "Benihoppe" strawberry varieties grow in beautiful clusters. The garden beds are elevated, which means you can pick the strawberries without having to bend down, and the rows are well-spaced so that those with baby strollers and wheelchairs can also access the area and participate with ease. Hanayagi Farm also makes a strawberry sorbet and strawberry gelato sold onsite using the fresh strawberries from the farm. From mid-late October, you can also experience picking your own edamame. In this part of Kyoto Prefecture, the Chubu Tamba region, you can also find the famous "Shintambaguro" variety of black soy bean, which is also available to buy at roadside produce stalls. All harvesting activities require advanced bookings, which can be made either by phone or website.
- Telephone: 0774-93-4811 (Reception open from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Japanese language only)
- 50-1 Shimokoma, Myohoji, Seika-cho, Soraku District, Kyoto Prefecture
1. Approximately 20 minute-walk from Shinhosono Station on the Kintestu Line, or Hosono Station on the JR Gakkentoshi Line.
2. Approximately 25 minute-walk from Komada Station on the Kintestu line, or Shimokoma Station on the JR Gakkentoshi Line.
Car: Approximately 5 minutes from the Seika Shimokoma IC exit or the Seika Gakken IC exit on the Keinan Expressway.
- Business Hours
- Open: January 17th - May 23rd, 2021
Farm Opening Times:
1st round begins at 10 a.m. ∣2nd round begins at 11 a.m.∣3rd round begins 1:30 p.m. ∣4th round begins at 2:30 p.m.∣5th round begins at 3:30 p.m.
Closed: Monday, Friday