Located in Kyoto Prefecture's Kyotango City, Hamazume Yuhigaura Beach is a long beach stretching 8 km from Shotenkyo Kazuranohama Beach.
The beach is one of Japan's 100 Locations with White Sand and Pine Trees, and has fine white sand that stretches for miles, with beautiful, shallow and very transparent water flowing alongside.
The name "Yuhigaura" means "sunset bay" in Japanese, and as the name would suggest, it is a perfect location for watching the sunset, with benches provided on Sunset Street (Yuhi-no-Michi) along the beach to relax.
Also, since the spring of 2017, a beachside swing called "Yurari" ("swaying" in English) made from driftwood has been built on the beach every summer. It has become famous in recent years through its popularity on social media.
- Yuhiguaura Tourism Association: 0772-74-9350
- Hamazume, Amino-cho, Kyotango City, Kyoto Prefecture
- Bus: From Yuhigaura Kizu Onsen Station on the Kyoto Tango Railway's Miyatoyo Line, take the Yasaka Amino Sakyu Line bus (Yasaka Amino sand dunes) (bound for Kumihama Onsen Yumotokan) for about 8 minutes and get off at "Hamazume" bus stop, then walk for 3 minutes.
Car: From Sanin Kinki Expressway Nodagawa Omiya Road, get off at Kyotango Omiya Interchange, head straight and turn right onto National Highway 312, turn left onto National Highway 482, turn right onto Prefectural Highway 17 turn left onto National Highway 178, and follow the signs for Hamazume Yuhigaura Beach.
- Business Hours
- Mid-July to mid-August (Confirmation needed)
- Space for regular-sized vehicles: 150 (Price: 2,000 yen per day, or 4,000 yen overnight)
- Motorbike parking is 1,000 yen per day, 2,000 yen overnight
- Parking fee is only required during open beach season
- Open all year round