Hatchohama Beach is located in Amino-cho, Kyotango City. It is a shallow and beautiful beach with crystal clear waters.
The white sand of the beach stretches out like an island resort, and it is also a popular surfing spot.
There are also some rocky areas which are perfect for collecting seashells or discovering small wildlife. At Hatchohama Seaside Park, you'll also find a playground, so there are many places for children to enjoy.
The name Hatchohama comes from the traditional measurement used in Japan called "cho." As the name suggests, the length of the beach measures approximately 8 "cho" roughly equivalent to 872 m. A spacious beach perfect for relaxing and taking it easy.
- Hatchohama Seaside Park: 0772-72-2373
Amino Sports Club: 0772-69-0663
- Asamogawa, Amino-cho, Kyotango City, Kyoto Prefecture
- Bus: From Amino Station on the Kyoto Tango Railway's Miyatoyo Line, take the Yasaka Amino Sakyu Line bus (Yasaka Amino sand dunes) (bound for Yasaka Bunko Mae, or Yasaka Byoin Mae) for about 10 minutes then get off at "Hacchohama" bus stop.
Car: From Sanin Kinki Expressway Nodagawa Omiya Road, get off at Kyotango Omiya Interchange, head straight and turn right onto National Highway 312, turn right onto National Highway 482, go straight onto National Highway 663, turn left onto Prefectural Highway 53, turn right onto National Highway 178, and follow the signs for Hatchohama Beach
- Business Hours
- Mid July to mid August. (confirmation needed)
- Space for regular-sized vehicles: 400 (Price: 500yen per day)
Space for large vehicles: - (Price: 2,000 yen per day)
- Motorbike parking is 500 yen per day
- Parking fee is only required during open beach season
- Open all year round