Shotenkyo Kazuranohama Beach is located in Kumihama-cho, Kyotango City. It is one of the longest beaches in the Kansai region, stretching 8 km from here to Hamazume Yuhigaura Beach.
The shallow waters are perfect for children to play in and enjoy.
The clean, transparent water and the white sandy beach dotted with pine trees makes for a beautiful sight. This beach is also ranked as Japan's 88th best beach.
- Oamabashi Tourism Association: 0772-83-0149
- Minatomiya, Kumihama-cho, Kyotango City, Kyoto Prefecture
- Bus: From Shotenkyo Station on Kyoto Tango Railway's Miyatoya Line, take the Minato Line bus (bound for Omukai) for about 8 minutes, get off at "Shotenkyo" bus stop, and walk for 2 minutes. Alternatively, walk 30 minutes rom Shotenkyo Station.
From Kumihama Station on Kyoto Tango Railway's Miyatoyo Line, take the Minato Line bus (bound for Omukai) for about 20 minutes, get off at "Shotenkyo" bus stop, and walk for 2 minutes.
*Buses only run on weekdays
Car: From Sanin Kinki Expressway Nodagawa Omiya Road, get off at Kyotango Omiya Interchange, head straight and turn right onto National Highway 312, turn left onto National Highway 482, go straight onto National Highway 312, turn right onto National Highway 668, turn left onto National Highway 666, turn right onto Prefectural Highway 49, and follow the signs for Shotenkyo Kazuranohama Beach.
- Business Hours
- Mid-July to mid-August (confirmation needed)
- Space for regular-sized vehicles: 400 (Price: 1,500 yen per day)
Space for large vehicles: Negotiable
- Motorbike parking is 500 yen per day
- Parking fee is only required during open beach season
- Open all year round