Ryokan Chinsenro is about 2 kilometers away from the mouth of the Miyama-gawa River in Miyama's famous thatched village (Kayabuki no Sato). The ryokan sees cool weather in the summertime and is snow-covered in the wintertime (though to a lesser extent these days). Meals at Ryokan Chinsenro combine fresh mountain produce with culinary expertise, allowing for the subtle flavours of the produce to shine through. The specialty in summer is a formally arranged kaiseki course meal showcasing wild-caught sweetfish. Autumn showcases the matsutake mushroom, and in winter wild boar hot pot and barbeque made using three different parts of the wild boar are delicacies. All the rooms at Ryokan Chisenro look out onto the Miyama-gawa River, where the tranquil sounds of water in the stream help guests to unwind and enjoy the view. The classically idyllic scenery of pre-modern Japan is still vivid in the mountain village of Miyama. Please come and enjoy the delicacies nutured by Miyama's beautiful water, air, and land, equally blessed with the free and easy atmosphere of the town.
- 26 Nakauwamae, Miyama-cho, Nantan City, Kyoto Prefecture
- Train: From Hiyoshi Station on the JR Sagano Line, take the Nantan Municipal Bus to "Chimiguchi" bus stop, then walk approx. 1 minute.
- From the Kyoto Jukan Expressway, take the Sonobe Interchange exit. Follow Prefectural Route 19 to Miyawaki, then Hiraya, then to Prefectural Route 38 to Kitamura, then to Ryokan Chinsenro (approximately 50 minutes from the Sonobe exit).
- From within Kyoto City, head north on National Route 162 to Keihoku, then to Prefectural Route 38 to Kayabuki no Sato, then to Ryokan Chinsenro (approximately 1 hour 15 minutes from Kyoto City).
- From the Maizuru Expressway, take the Ayabe Interchange exit. Follow National route 27 to Wachi, then to Prefectural Route 12, then to National Route 162, then to Prefectural Route 38 to Ryokan Chinsenro (approximately 1 hour from Ayabe exit).
- Check-in/Check-out Times
- 3:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. / 10:00 a.m.
- Foreign Language Support