This is a large old house that has been around for 100 years.
Behind the house, there are fields and streams where you can experience picking vegetables in the morning and play in the river. The meals offered here are dishes that center around seasonal organic vegetables.
From the bathroom with large windows, there are days when you can see the starry sky and hear the sound of insects.
The owner of the house, who is a vegetable sommelier and a keen yoga practitioner, moved here from Tokyo with her family in the spring of 2018, after being enchanted by the scenery and people of Shigasato.
She loves to talk to people and is here waiting for visitors with the anticipation of making “once in a lifetime encounters,” alongside her husband, who has experience living in the United States, and her friendly son.
- 13 13 Kita-machi, Shigasato-cho, Ayabe City, Kyoto Prefecture
- - Approximately 15 minutes down the road from the Ayabe-Ankokuji Interchange on the Kyoto Jukan Expressway
- Approximately 15 mnutes down the road from the Ayabe Interchange on the Maizuru-Wakasa Expressway
- Just in front of "Shiga-go" bus stop on Aya Bus (Shiga Nanboku Line) departing from JR Ayabe Station
*If the timing works, pick-up can be arranged from Ayabe Station
*Parking: Available for two vehicles
- - Adults: 7,000 yen, Elementary School Children: 3,000 yen
- Preschool-age children free
- For breakfast only: Adults 5,000 yen, Elementary School Children 1,500 yen