Komyo-ji Temple

Main content starts here.

竹の里・乙訓

Komyoji Temple was first built in 1198 (Kenkyu 9) when Buddhist Master Honen disciple Kumagai Naozane erected it in an area favored by Honen. It is also the head temple of Seizan Pure Land Buddhism. Climbing up the gentle stone steps, you can see the massive Main Hall and the Amida Hall connected by a corridor.
This temple is known as an autumn leaf scenic spot. In late autumn both sides of the approach are painted in brilliant reds.

Basic information

Address

Postal code:617-0811
26-1 Aosaijonai, Nagaokakyo City

Time held/open

9:00 - 16:00

Regular holidays/closings

Open every day

Access

- Take JR Kyoto Line to "Nagaokakyo Station" or Hankyu Kyoto Line to "Nagaoka Tenjin Station," board Hankyu Bus, and get off at "Asahigaoka Home Mae"

Access to Kyoto by the Sea

Access to Kyoto in the Forests

Access to Kyoto Infused with Tea

Access to Kyoto Otokuni Bamboo Grove

Contact information

Name

Komyo-ji Temple

Website

http://www.komyo-ji.or.jp/

Map

HOME > Komyo-ji Temple